Who doesn’t love a good breakfast muffin that you can take on-the-go? These beauties are grain-free and refined sugar-free, made with a nourishing base of almond meal, coconut and banana. These morsels would also be great to take in the car (for those long waits in traffic) or for kiddies’ lunch boxes as a mid-morning treat.
2 cup almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup Whaiora Smoothie Blend
1/4 cup raisons or dried blueberries
1 ripe banana mashed
2 tbsp chia seed gel
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch Himalayan salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius on fan-bake.
2. Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Mash and whisk the banana and eggs in a separate small bowl.
4. Next, add the banana-egg mixture, maple syrup, water, chia gel and melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Get your muffin tray ready, and line each individual tin hole with a small piece of baking paper. Scoop a good amount of mixture into each tin and smooth over the top.
6. Place in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully on a cooling rack.
8. Enjoy with a generous lather of your favourite nut butter for a hearty and healthy brekkie on-the-go.