Whaiora have created three delicious smoothie blends – Berry, Gold & Green. Each blend allows you to create a healthy, tasty and easy recipe packed full of the goodness from fruits, vegetables, oats, milk & honey for sweetness. The typical ‘go-to’ is of course a smoothie but we wanted to show you something a lil’ different and highlight that this beautiful New Zealand made product can be used across a variety of dishes. This one makes use of the Whaiora Gold Smoothie Blend .
- 1 & 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Whaiora Gold Smoothie Blend
- 240gm dates
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 & 1/2 cups cashews, soaked and drained
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup brown rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
1. To make the base, add the oats & shredded coconut to a food processor and pulse until you have a fine meal.
2. Add the remaining base ingredients and pulse until a sticky dough forms. If it’s still crumbly add a little water.
3. Press your mixture into a square slice tin, approximately 24cm x 24cm or similar. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, set aside the passionfruit pulp and blend the remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy. As you pour this mixture over your prepared base, pour the passionfruit pulp over at the same time, distributing the pulp throughout the mixture.
5. Place the slice in the freezer until fully frozen, approximately 4 hours. To serve remove the slice from the the freezer to slightly defrost – 15min or so, before cutting into squares or bars. Keep any remaining pieces in an air-tight container in the freezer.