Oh yes! These little beauties are a new and improved version of our old raw bounty bar recipe. These ones are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
This recipe has been simplified and made even more delicious and easy to store.
We highly recommend you give these a go, it’s quite likely you’ll even have these 7 nourishing ingredients in your cupboard.
*Disclaimer- we like to think dark chocolate is nourishing (for the soul at least) – you may or may not agree!
2 x 100g Green & Blacks 85% Organic Chocolate
2 cups desiccated coconut (unsulphured)
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tbsp organic coconut cream
1 vanilla bean pod or 1/4 tsp vanilla bean spread
1/4 tsp Himalayan mineral salt
1. Melt the coconut oil down in a bowl, then add the coconut nectar, vanilla and salt – mix well, followed by the coconut cream and the desiccated coconut – mix well.
2. Line a small tray with baking paper and then scoop the coconut mixture in and press down firmly with hands. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. Slice 2 blocks of chocolate into small chunks and then place in a double boiler to slowly melt the chocolate – stir continuously. Once melted, set aside.
4. Remove the coconut from the freezer and carefully pop the mixture out onto a board (it should be stiff and held together).
5. Cut the coconut mixture into small bars and (for aesthetic reasons only) you can round the edges by slicing of the corners.
6. Place a sheet of baking paper under a drip/cooling tray and then one-by-one dip the individual coconut bars into the chocolate – coating on all sides and with a fork carefully remove and place on the drip tray.
7. Once all the bars are coated, place in the freezer for 15 minutes – or until the chocolate is hard to touch.
8. To finish, you can use the remaining chocolate to drizzle a pattern over the top and sprinkle fresh coconut as a garnish. Keep these in the fridge and enjoy!!
You can find the how-to video of these over on social media. If you do make these glorious little creations, be sure to take a cute pic and share with us on Instagram – tag us @i.am.company xo