This is a summery vegan take on the classic chili con carne and is absolutely delicious! It’s hearty and nourishing yet perfect for a summer evening meal enjoyed with a big salad. This dish is no fuss to whip up and ideal for feeding the masses. Feel free to mix up the vegetables and beans used to what you have on hand, you can really improvise on this one!
Enjoy a perfect summer feast…
2 cans organic whole peeled tomatoes
1 can organic kidney beans
1 can organic black beans
1 cob sweetcorn
1 yellow capsicum
1 red capsicum
1 brown onion
2 cloves garlic
Bunch of fresh coriander
Optional to serve: fresh chili, organic corn chips, avocado, coconut yoghurt, fresh lime
1. Peel and roughly chop the garlic and onion; peel and slice the corn kernels off the corn; halve, deseed and roughly chop the capsicums; and cube the carrot.
2. Heat a large pot with a little olive oil and place the onion, garlic and Culley’s seasoning mix in and stir well.
3. After a couple of minutes add the cans of tomatoes and (drained) beans, corn, capsicum and carrot.
4. Leave to simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Leave the lid on for 10 minutes and take it off for the last 10 to allow the mixture to reduce.
5. To serve, scoop a generous serving of chili into a bowl, top with fresh coriander, your choice of crunchy corn chips, a slice or two of avocado, a dollop of coconut yoghurt and a squeeze of fresh lime.