This delightful tamarillo pudding is the ultimate comforting dessert for when you are needing a warming and delicious (yet nourishing) treat. We love the tartness of the cooked tamarillos with the super soft and moist pudding! Serve with a sprinkle of coconut sugar while it’s still warm and you will be in foodie heaven….
2 cups ground almonds
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup almond milk
5 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
7 fresh tamarillos
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
coconut or Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a large cake or tart tin with melted butter.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground almonds, tapioca flour, coconut and cinnamon.
3. In a small pot, melt the butter then add the maple syrup and vanilla bean paste and stir.
4. Whisk eggs and almond milk together and fold through the dry mixture.
5. Add in the maple syrup and oil mix to the batter and stir through ’til combined.
6. Mix the apple cider vinegar and the baking soda together and fold the bubbles through the batter.
7. Slice tamarillos in half and scoop out the middles, lay them upside-down in the greased tin before pouring spoonfuls of the pudding batter into the tin.
8. Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean .
9. Serve warm with a sprinkle of coconut sugar (on the tamarillo side) and a dollop of your choice of yoghurt.
Tag us @i.am.company if you recreate this comforting dessert, we love seeing your piccies! xo