Who doesn’t like a good creamy pasta sauce!? Well here’s a healthy alternative for you that’s packed with veggies and super easy to make. The use of nutritional yeast gives it the cheesy flavour without the added dairy. Cauliflower makes a great replacement for sauce bases and it’s jam-packed with goodness, containing close to your recommended daily amount of vitamin C in one serving. You really can’t go wrong with this one!
- 1/2 medium cauliflower
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- pasta of choice
- 1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and place into a pot of salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
2. Drain the cauliflower and place in a high powered blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until a smooth sauce consistency is reached. Add more water to loosen the sauce if needed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
3. Toss the sauce through your preferred choice of cooked pasta. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and enjoy!