Ooooh yes, this is a super nourishing version of your usual creamy pasta.
Filled with greens, healthy fats and nourishing grains – serve this with some extra fresh greens and you’ve got yourself a super quick meal sorted!
This recipe featured exclusively in the August Delight Box, but we couldn’t wait to share it with you…just in case you missed out!
250g Ceres Organics Super Grain Penne
1 head Broccoli (roughly chopped)
100g Pine Nuts
4 – 5 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 handful fresh Basil
1 Shallot (diced)
1 bulb Garlic (diced)
Salt & Pepper
1. Bring water to the boil with a pinch of salt and a splash of olive oil.
2. Heat pine nuts in a pan until warmed through and beginning to turn golden (not brown). Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add pasta to water and cook for 13 – 15 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta (keeping 1 cup of cooking water aside) and add back to the pot to stay warm.
4. While pasta is cooking; add the garlic, shallot and a splash of olive oil to a sauce pan on medium heat and cook for 2 minutes (stirring continuously). Add chopped broccoli (don’t forget the stalk!) and half a cup of the pasta water – place a lid on top, cook for 5 minutes until broccoli is just cooked.
5. Next, add sauce pan ingredients, 3/4 of the cooked pine nuts, nutritional yeast, 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar, half a cup of pasta water, most of the fresh basil, salt, pepper and some olive oil to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth & creamy.
6. Add the sauce to pasta, mix well and then serve into bowls – topping with remaining pine nuts, fresh basil, salt, pepper, olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
If you make this deliciousness, don’t forget to share with us on Instagram – tag us @i.am.company !