Ah summer, the season of glorious stone fruit! We are big fans and love the plethora of nutrients and minerals that come with them.
This Stone Fruit & Blueberry Crumble is a quick and easy treat that can be enjoyed as dessert or breakfast. Super nourishing and with no added sugars or butter, this one ticks the boxes of health and flavour.
With a base of fruit including peaches, apricots and nectarines, along with a few blueberries to sweeten you can’t go wrong. For the topping we cheated slightly and used the Ceres Organics Super Good Muesli in Blackcurrant & Vanilla. So worth the cheat as all the delicious flavours and texture have been added already. You could use any textured muesli or granola you have on hand, so long as it has an oat-base to give it that true crumble feel.
4 – 6 pieces of stone fruit (peaches, nectarines & apricots)
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 lemon (juiced)
2 large handfuls (approx 1 1/2 cups) Ceres Organics Super Good Muesli (Blackcurrant & Vanilla)
1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted into liquid)
1/4 cup chopped almonds
Optional: Coconut or Greek yoghurt to serve.
1. Rinse all fruit. Roughly deseed and chop the fruit into slices.
2. Place fruit into a deep dish loaf tin, sprinkle the blueberries and lemon juice over top and give the tin a good shake to ensure it’s all evenly spread.
3. Mix the muesli and coconut oil together in a bowl and then spread the mixture over the fruit. Sprinkle the chopped almonds over top.
5. Cover the dish in tin foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, check the fruit is soft and juicy and then remove the foil and return to oven (uncovered) for a further 5 – 10 minutes (or until the almonds are golden on top).
6. Enjoy your crumble while hot with a generous dollop of coconut or greek yoghurt.
You can keep this in the fridge and re-heat as desired. Delicious!