This salad is a light and fresh dish, perfect for the Spring weather that is looming. It’s full of green vegetables and fresh mint, providing you with the fibre and nutrients that will gently assist cleansing your body through natural detoxifying processes. Enjoy it as an easy work lunch or weeknight dinner, serve as is or with a portion of your favourite protein. Yummo!
2 cups water
1 stalk celery
1 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
1 cup baby spinach
1 handful mint
1 handful pumpkin seeds (optional)
3/4 cup cashews (soaked)
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 clove garlic
1 pinch salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1. Rinse quinoa thoroughly in cold water then place in a pot on medium heat to toast and dry off. Once you begin to smell a toasty aroma, place 2 cups of water into the pot with a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tails begin to show and all liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork.
2. Finely slice the celery, roughly chop the spinach and mint, grate the zucchini, steam the peas and chop the avocado into large cubes.
3. Once the quinoa is cooled, add all the salad ingredients and mix well then squeeze the juice from one lemon into the mixture and mix through.
4. To prepare the dressing, place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
5. Scoop your salad into two bowls and generously drizzle the dressing over top.
Keen to whip this one up for yourself using Ceres Organics White Quinoa? We’d love to see your creations, make sure you tag us over on Instagram @i.am.company xo