This Simple Vegan Laksa is so nutritious and equally delicious. It’s full of nutrient dense veggies and healthy fats, plus it packs a punch with full flavour from a simple homemade paste.
You’ll need a little blender or food processor to get your paste nice and smooth and then you can go ahead and start cooking, we think you’ll love this one.
Plus we’ve made a short sixty second video over on social media demonstrating how it’s done, so go check it out!
This one will fill two large bowls or four small bowls, delicious!
Bunch of coriander
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
5 cloves garlic
2 whole chillies
2 cm cube ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 lime (squeezed)
2 bunches of rice noodles
1 head broccoli (chopped into florets)
1 can organic full fat coconut cream + 3 cups water
20 button mushrooms (washed)
Large handful or two of baby silverbeet (or your preferred greens)
2 handfuls of bean sprouts
1 handful coriander
2 tbsp coconut nectar or honey
1. To make the paste, place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until all is well combined, you may need to stop and scrape down the sides to ensure each ingredient is well mixed.
2. Once the paste is made, scoop it into a warm heavy-base pot and heat, stirring the whole time.
3. Once the paste is warm, add the coconut cream, additional water and sweetener, stir to combine and let it simmer for a minute.
4. Next add the mushrooms, rice noodles, chopped broccoli, silverbeet and a squeeze of lime.
5. Place the lid on the pot and steam for 5 minutes until the vegetables are just soft and the noodles tender.
6. Into the serving bowls place a generous serving of noodles followed by the vegetables and liquid soup. Serve with extra coriander, bean sprouts and half a lime.
7. This one is best eaten with chop sticks and a soup spoon so you can enjoy all the slurpy goodness!
P.S. If you make this delicious creation, be sure to share it with us on Instagram, tag us @i.am.company