If you follow a mainly plant-based diet then you need to get a little bit creative with your veggies to replace some of the staples you would normally find in a taco. This version is so simple and down right tasty which is a good reminder that a taco doesn’t have to be laden with meat and dairy to taste good. These are not only healthy and delicious but also gluten-free and vegan. We can’t wait for you to try them!
- 2 cups pumpkin peeled, seeds removed and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked quinoa. We like to cook ours in organic vegetable stock for extra flavour
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Gluten-free corn tortillas toasted on the BBQ
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked over night in water or boil for 1 hour
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake.
2. Place diced pumpkin in a bowl. Add olive oil, chilli, cumin, paprika, garlic and salt. Toss to coat then lay spread on a baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes.
3. Dice avocado and place into a bowl with the lemon juice. Toss to coat.
4. Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender or food processor and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
5. Build your taco with the quinoa, roast pumpkin, avocado and a generous drizzle of sauce.