This Raw Snickers Layer Cake is a fantastic craving-kicker!
If you’re feeling like something extra decadent, this is the one. It’s quite a heavy and rich layer cake, filled with plenty of nutty and creamy goodness.
We use a lot of Ceres Organics Peanut Butter in the recipe, but the cake remains gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
We used melted dark chocolate as the topping to save time, however you can also make your own chocolate topping using this recipe here.
Enjoy and take your time…
1 cup peanuts
1/2 cup dates (soaked in warm water for 15 mins)
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 tbsp maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
Cashew Cream Layer
1 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for 1 – 2 hours)
3 heaped tbsp Ceres Organics peanut butter (crunchy)
3 tbsp maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
1/4 cup almond milk
Sticky Caramel Layer
1 1/2 cup dates (soaked in warm water for 15 mins)
2 heaped tbsp Ceres Organics peanut butter (crunchy)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla paste
1 block dark organic chocolate (150g ish)
Handful of crushed peanuts
1. BASE – place the peanuts into a food processor and blend until a smooth crumble. Add the remaining base ingredients, blend until a thick dough is formed. Press this mixture into a lined spring-form tin and place in the freezer.
2. CASHEW CREAM LAYER – place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Take the base from the freezer and pour this mixture over – smooth with the back of a spoon. Return to freezer for 5 hours or overnight.
3. STICKY CARAMEL LAYER – place all ingredients into a food processor and whizz until a smooth consistency is reached. Pour this over the cashew cream layer and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Return to freezer for 1 – 2 hours.
4. TOPPING – slice the chocolate into small chunks and then melt down in a bain marie until silky smooth. Roughly pour the chocolate over the caramel and then sprinkle over crushed nuts.
5. Return the cake to the fridge and let sit until ready to slice.
Enjoy with your loved ones!