These raw chocolate love-bites are the perfect way to treat yourself or a loved one this Valentine’s Day. The rich chocolate case is balanced with the tart raspberry and chia filling, the perfect little bite of goodness.
Raw cacao is rich in antioxidants and minerals and contains natural mood-boosting compounds, such as anandamide and theobromine. These help level out mood imbalances and can even give you a little natural high feeling. Anandamide actually plugs into the “bliss” receptors in your brain, stimulating feel-good endorphins to be released…which can increase the feelings of “LOVE” you might feel. Perrrfect for Valentine’s.
We used love heart moulds for ours, which you can pick up at any specialty baking store, but feel free to use regular circular or square moulds.
1/4 cup cacao butter
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp almond butter
2 – 3 tbsp maple syrup (or alternative sweetener)
1 pinch himalayan salt
Raspberry Chia filling
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen – thawed)
1/4 cup chia seeds
1. Melt the cacao butter over a bain-marie until liquid. Then stir in the coconut oil, almond butter, cacao powder, maple and salt. Mix well.
2. Mash the raspberries until a rough pulp texture is formed. Add the chia seeds and water to a jar with the raspberry mash. Shake the jar vigorously until all combined. Leave to sit for 10 minutes before shaking again. Wait until a thick gel is formed.
3. To make your chocolate love-bites, get your moulds ready and then begin with the bottom chocolate layer.
4. Spoon a small amount of liquid chocolate into the bottom of each mould, filling up about one third of the mould.
5. Place in the freezer to set, this should take 10 minutes.
6. Once just hardened, spoon a teaspoon of chia jam on top of each chocolate layer.
7. For the final layer, spoon chocolate on top and then return the tray to the freezer until fully set, usually at least 1 hour.
8. Enjoy these little chocolate love-bites with your friends or lovers!