Although raw energy balls are well and truly everywhere now, that’s no reason to stop experimenting with them, this flavour of Ginger and Cacao gives them a kick that’ll make them stand out from the rest.
These are made with a base of the usual suspects – dates, cashews and cacao powder; but with the added super-ingredients tahini and organic ginger powder – so they taste extra good.
This is a sticky mixture and will get a little messy – but once they’re coated in a case of silky dark chocolate you’ll be happy you went through the mess.
These are a good little ball to impress your guests with post-dinner and they’ll be even more impressed to find out they’re raw and nutritious.
1 cup dates (soaked in hot water for 15 mins)
1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 30 mins)
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
2 tbsp organic tahini (unhulled)
1 – 2 tbsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup cacao butter
1/2 cup cacao powder
2 tbsp raw coconut nectar
1 tbsp almond butter (optional)
1. Once the dates and cashews have finished soaking , you’ll want to drain the cashews and the dates (except for about 3 tbsp of the date water) and place into food processor (with date water). Whizz these up until well combined and paste-like.
2. Add the tahini into the food processor and keep mixing until combined.
3. Then place this mixture into a large bowl and add the cacao powder, cacao nibs, ginger powder, cinnamon and salt. Taste the mixture and add more ginger to your preferred taste.
4. Wet your hands and roll this sticky mixture into small balls. Place into the fridge to set slightly (about 1 hour or overnight).
5. Make the chocolate by melting down your cacao butter and mixing the cacao powder, coconut nectar and almond butter in. While this is still runny, dip each ball into the mixture and then place on a tray (lined with baking paper). Let these set in the fridge.
6. Take out when ready to serve and voila! DELICIOUSNESS.
If you make these yummy morsels, please share your pics with us on Instagram and tag us @i.am.company x