This beauty is messy and delicious, a raw chocolate slice made with plenty of raw nuts, dates, raw cacao and a generous serving of Pic’s Slugs of smooth peanut butter ! YUM.
Because it does get rather sticky, it’s best to keep this one in the freezer and eat straight from there.
All you need is a food processor, some freezer space and you’re good to go.
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1 cup dates (soaked) + 2-3 tbsp water
3 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 slugs Pic’s peanut butter slugs ( 90g )
4 tbsp raw cacao powder
4 tbsp coconut oil melted
1/2 cup crushed nuts (peanuts, cashews – salted optional)
1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
2 tbsp coconut nectar
1 pinch salt
1. Soak the nuts in warm water for 3 -4 hours, then lay them out on a tray to dry out (activate) overnight.
2. Place nuts, dates (drained), cacao powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon into food processor along with 2 – 3 tbsp date water and blend until a smooth-ish sticky texture is made. Pour into a tray.
3. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
1. Create a double-boiler (pot of simmering water with bowl over top) and place the coconut oil in to melt down.
2. Once coconut oil has melted, add 2 Pic’s PB slugs, cacao powder, coconut nectar and salt. Mix well to combine and create the delicious chocolate.
3. Pour the chocolate over the frozen base and spread evenly. Before it cools, cut a tiny hole in the final Pic’s slug and squirt a rough pattern over the chocolate. Top with a generous sprinkling of crushed nuts and cacao nibs. Freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Delicious! Chop into it and if not quite hard enough return to the freezer overnight!
If you make this creation, don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @i.am.company so we can see ! X