Raw chocolate is one of lifes greatest pleasures…. When I realized I could make homemade chocolate from as little as 3 ingredients, I was one very happy lady.
What is RAW chocolate, you ask?
Well this is indeed chocolate that’s been made with only the cleanest, tastiest and most satisfying ingredients out. It’s RAW because the ingredients have not been heated (above 40 odd degrees). Therefore, ALL of the active enzymes and nutrients that these ingredients contain are eagerly waiting to be consumed so they can attend to our personal ‘glowing’ needs.
The stand-out ingredient here is raw CACAO – oh baby, this stuff is gooood. It contains over 300 nutrients, and is one the best sources of magnesium and iron. It contains plenty of antioxidants, in particular Resveratrol, a whizz at slowing the ageing process & protecting our precious cells from damage.
This is one of those recipes we all need to know how to make, it’s simple and satisfying.
This truly blissful chocolate is made from 3 ingredients only:
Raw Cacao Powder, Coconut Oil, Sweetener of choice.
1/2 C Raw Cacao Powder
1/2 C Coconut Oil
1-3 tsp Sweetener of choice (honey, pure maple syrup, brown rice malt syrup, coconut nectar etc)
Optional Extras: Chopped raw nuts/seeds, goji berries, coconut shred, peanut butter etc.
– Place coconut oil in a small bowl inside a larger bowl with boiling water, until it is melted.
– Then furiously mix cacao powder and sweetener into the oil and any ‘optional extras’.
– Line a tray with baking paper and pour the mixture over this, using a spoon to flatten it out.
– Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours and then wam bam, it’s done! Break into pieces of ‘bark’.
– Be aware– this tastes amazing and is still a TREAT. Enjoy every bite.
P.S. Be aware also – Cacao powder contains ‘feel-good’ compounds which can make you feel suprisingly chipper. So don’t be worried if you feel oddly happy after consumption.
This should be made with top quality ingredients, as I promise it makes ALL the difference in taste.
Share your creations on Instagram, tag us @i.am.company and hashtag: #iamcompany #iamgoodness #iamdelicious ….. it could go on!