There is nothing like sitting down on a hot summers day to enjoy a cold, creamy and delicious ice block… Guilt free? Even better! This recipe has been made with inspiration drawn from an old favourite chocolate bar – The Bounty Bar. Creamy. Coconutty. Decadent. These ice blocks not only take less than 15 minutes prep time, but they are ridiculously tasty!
2 cups of coconut cream solid
1 cup of desiccated coconut
¾ cup of rice malt syrup
2 tbsp Vigour & Vitality coconut butter
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup of coconut oil
½ cup of cacao
1. Place a few cans of coconut cream in the fridge over night (I like to use the big carton of ‘Kara’ coconut cream as it yields more).
2. The following morning, the coconut cream will have separated from the milk. Remove the thick coconut cream layer from the top of the can / carton and place into the blender.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the blender and mix until it forms a swirl.
4. Pour the mix into your ice block moulds and place in the freezer overnight.
1. Over low–medium heat, place all ingredients into a pan and stir until coconut sugar has dissolved and you reach a uniform consistency.
2. Remove ice blocks from the moulds and drizzle with chocolate.
These bad boys last up to three months in the freezer… But trust me, they will be gone in no time.
This recipe was created by Hannah Mellsop, founder of Real Rad Food. Hannah is a plant based chef who specialises in custom made raw cakes and deserts. Along with this, she has a passion for recipe developing, food styling and photography. Her goal is to encourage others to live a more mindful and conscious life that thrives off of delicious, flavourful and nourishing plant based food. Check out her Instagram account @realradfood for the lots of foodie inspo!