This recipe is super nourishing, a little decadent and a lot delicious. Think of it as your healthy take on a rich, chocolatey dessert but minus the gluten, dairy and refined sugars. It has the perfect balance of sweet and saltiness with a yummo consistency that’ll keep you satisfied… Although we can’t promise that’ll stop you reaching for more!
1 cup Ceres Organics quinoa, cooked then cooled
1 can Ceres Organics coconut cream
1/2 cup filtered water
1/2 cup Ceres Organics raw cacao powder
4 large medjool dates, pitted
4 tbsp organic maple syrup
1/4 tsp Himalayan mineral salt
1/4 tsp vanilla paste
1. Place the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight to separate the cream from the liquid.
2. Place your cooled quinoa in a high speed blender with the water, cacao powder, dates, maple syrup, salt and vanilla. Blend well until all combined and smooth.
3. Separate the coconut cream into hard cream and liquid then place the coconut cream into the blender and blend until a very smooth and creamy consistency is reached with no lumps.
4. Pour mixture into 4 ramekins and then place in the fridge overnight until set.
5. Once ready to enjoy, sprinkle with cacao nibs, desiccated coconut or some fresh berries.
6. Share with family and friends for dessert (or breakfast if you’re feeling cheeky)!
This delicious recipe using Ceres Organics White Quinoa as the key ingredient can be eaten at anytime of day for a kick of nutrients, energy and taste. If you make this one at home, remember to tag us on Instagram @i.am.company so we can drool over your re-creations xo