This delicious tart is the perfect winter dessert. Coming into the cooler months, there’s nothing better than a fruit-filled warm dessert that can double up as a breakfast option. This tart is gluten-free, plant-based and refined sugar-free, so it’s perfect for feeding your picky friends or family members
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
Chia seed jam
- 1 cup raspberries (can be frozen)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 can Ceres Organic Pear Slices
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp of ground flaxseed
- 4 1/2 tbsp of warm water
- Slivered almonds to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 170 bake. Grease a cake tin or pie dish with coconut oil.
2. To make the crust – mix all the ingredients until well combined. It should be crumbly. Press the tart crust into the base of the tin and set aside.
3. To make the chia seed jam, mash all ingredients together and place into a small saucepan, Heat gently until it begins to bubble, reduce heat and mix continuously until it thickens. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
4. Combine the flaxseed and warm water in a small bowl, stir to combine and leave to sit.
5. For the frangipane – combine ground almonds, coconut oil, flax seed gel and maple syrup. Stir until well combined.
6. Pour cooled chia seed jam over tart crust.
7. Drain the pears and arrange on top of chia jam.
8. Pour over the frangipane mix and sprinkle the slivered almonds on top.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden on top.
10. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly and then serve up with a good dollop of coconut yoghurt. Yum!