- 2 oat cakes
- 2 slices streaky bacon, diced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Black pepper and salt to taste
1. Place the bacon in a frying pan and fry until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain. Add the cherry tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute to soften.
2. Toss in the parsley and bacon and season to taste. Spread a little goat’s cheese on top of the oat cakes. Top with the bacon and tomatoes to serve.
Per serving 232kcal, Protein 11.2g, carbohydrates 13.1g, sugars 1.1g, total fat 15g saturates 7.4g
Why this is good for you
Kick start your day with a great combination of protein and carbohydrates to perk up energy levels. Bacon provides plenty of protein together with the goat’s cheese to keep you feeling energised through the morning. Bacon also provides choline a nutrient needed to make acetylcholine a neurotransmitter needed for memory and cognitive function. It is also rich in a wealth of energising B vitamins, iron and magnesium which together with the slow releasing oats is a great combination. Goat’s cheese provides additional B vitamins plus calcium, vitamin A and K. Vitamin K is an essential nutrient for bone health while vitamin A support immune function and skin health. If you struggle with dairy you may find goat’s cheese is easier on the digestive system too.