The combination of Moroccan flavoured cauliflower soup with crispy tempeh is a dream on a chilly winters day, serve this with some delicious warm bread and you’ve got yourself a nourishing & warming meal.
This soup is relatively quick to make and is filled with warming spices and plenty of garlic (to keep any nasty bugs away).
With cauliflower in season, it’s a delicious way to increase your fibre and antioxidant intake, through the rich source of vitamins and minerals present.
The crispy tempeh is optional, but most definitely makes this dish stand out, it gives it the crunch and extra spice that satisfies, as well as dropping in a good dose of plant based protein.
1 large cauliflower head
3 cups water
1 cup coconut/almond milk (a mix of the two or just one)
1 handful raw almonds
1 bunch coriander
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
Delicious gluten free bread toasted (our fave is Vernedi Six Seed)
Himalayan pink salt
Olive oil to taste
1. Roughly chop the cauliflower and place in a large pot with water and coconut/almond milk on a medium heat (lid on), until cauliflower is cooked through, approx 10 minutes.
2. Slice tempeh into thin strips (3-4 mm) and fry in pan with coconut oil on a medium heat, until golden.
3. Roughly chop almonds and add to tempeh stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
4. Add spices to tempeh and almonds with 1 diced garlic clove and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Take everything off the heat and add half of the tempeh/almond ingredients to the cooked cauliflower.
6. Add the cauliflower mixture to a blender or food processor and blitz until desired texture, add boiling water if needed for consistency and add salt to taste.
7. Serve with remaining tempeh sprinkled on top along with chopped coriander, a splash of olive oil and toasted gluten free bread rubbed with remaining garlic.
ENJOY! Please share with us if you make this creation, be sure to take a snap and share with us on Instagram @i.am.company xo