These beauties are free from dairy, gluten and refined sugar. They make a great lunchbox snack or breaky on-the-run. We scattered some cacao nibs on top but we reckon a bit of 70% melted chocolate drizzled over the top wouldn’t go amiss.
Makes 10 squares
- 300g Jumbo oats
- 1 cup mixed berries (we used defrosted frozen berries)
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1 cup milk of choice (we used 50:50 almond & coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup goji berries (reserve 1 tbsp for sprinkling top)
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped (reserve 2 tbsp for sprinkling on top
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg celcius
2. Grease & line a slice tin
3. Place the oats, berries, banana, milk, maple syrup & vanilla into a food processor and pulse a couple of times until combined. Be careful not to over mix – you want to keep some texture.
4. Stir in the goji berries and pecans (reserving some for the top). Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and use the back of a spoon to smooth over. Sprinkle over the remaining nuts, goji berries and cacao nibs.
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20mins or until lightly golden. Allow to cool and cut into squares. Keep in a airtight container in the fridge for 4 days.