We love ourselves any meal that is quick, easy, nourishing and delicious and this one definitely ticks all the boxes! This super simple miso risotto is made even healthier by using brown rice (plus it gives the meal a beautiful chewy texture!) and is packed with multiple servings of veggies – yay! Mushroom, edamame and leeks are our fave veggies to add into this nourishing meal but feel free to add in any of your faves too!
1 cup short brown rice
1 leek, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 litre vegetable stock
3 tbsp miso paste
1 cup button mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 cup edamame beans
1. In a saucepan, combine your veggie stock and miso paste and warm on a gentle heat.
2. Fry off your leek and garlic in olive oil until clear. Add in your mushrooms and toss until almost cooked through.
3. Add in the short grain brown rice and fry off for 2 minutes.
4. Add in one ladle at a time of the miso broth and stir the risotto continuously until the rice absorbs the liquid.
5. Repeat the last step until the rice is cooked through and the liquid is absorbed. You may end up with some of the miso broth leftover.
6. Add in your edamame beans and stir until they are heated through.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Let us know what you thought of this tasty dish by tagging us @i.am.company, we can’t wait to check your recreations out!xo