Serves 6 | Ready in 30 minutes plus chilling time
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup raw buckwheat
- ¼ cup carob powder
- 2 tablespoons brown rice malt syrup
Matcha mousse filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews (covered in boiling water and soaked 1-2 hours and drained)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3-4 tablespoons brown rice maple syrup
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Masuta Matcha
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted at room temperature)
To prepare the crust, add all ingredients to a food processor, and process until the mixture comes away from the sides and you’ve achieved a sticky, dough-like mixture.
Divide this base mixture among jars or glasses, lightly packing the mixture into the base of each jar/glass to form the pie base.
To make the matcha lime layer, add the cashews, brown rice malt syrup, almond milk and lime juice to a blender and process until smooth. Once smooth, add the matcha and coconut oil. Process again, scraping down the sides of the blender as required.
Pour the filling into the jars over the crust. Cover and chill the jars until the filling is firm, approximately 3-4 hours. These matcha mousse pots will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.