This magical maca and maple ice cream is a total summer delight. It’s super easy to make, using just a few nourishing ingredients, a blender and a freezer! Maca is a magical ingredient due to it’s incredible energy-boosting and healing properties, you can read more on this little superfood here.
This recipe is vegan-friendly and refined sugar-free which makes it all the more enjoyable to eat.
1 cup raw cashew nuts
1 cup water
¼ cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp Matakana Superfoods Gelatinized Maca Powder
½ tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Additional – ½ cup chopped dark chocolate to mix through
1. Soak the cashews in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Place all ingredients (except chocolate) in the blender and whizz until all creamy and smooth, this may take a few minutes.
3. Pour into a tupperware container or bowl and place in the freezer (covered) for 1 hour.
4. Remove ice cream from freezer and mix in the chocolate chunks, stir well so they are mixed through.
5. Return to the freezer overnight or for 6 – 8 hours, until frozen through.
When you’re ready to eat, let the ice cream defrost for 10 minutes before enjoying in the sunshine.
Yum yum yum!
This recipe was featured in the January Delight Box.
If you make this creation, please share your images with us over on Instagram, tag us @i.am.company so we can see your goodness!