This slice combines the satisfying crunch of Te Atatu Toasted Coco Crunchies and chewy goji berries to create a chocolate slice that can be enjoyed by all! This one is perfect for taking along to dinner parties or sharing with the family as a delicious but nourishing treat over the festive season. It is gluten-free, vegan friendly and refined sugar-free too!
1 bag Te Atatu Toasted Coco Crunchies (30g)
1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup goji berries
4 tbsp raw cacao powder
4 tbsp coconut oil (melted but room temp)
1 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
1 cup dates (soaked in hot water to soften)
3 tbsp coconut oil (melted but room temp)
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tbsp almond butter
Handful of extra goji berries to sprinkle
1. Pour all of the base ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until all combined.
2. Transfer the mixture into a lined tray, press it down firmly and if you’re after a high stack (as pictured) just press the ingredients to one side to create a higher stack. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. Combine the topping ingredients into a food processor and blend until a sticky mixture is formed. Once the base is ready, remove from the freezer and press the icing on top. We found it easier to use our (slightly damp) fingers for this part as it gets a little sticky!
4. Sprinkle goji berries and any leftover coconut on top, then return to the fridge for at least 30 minuts or until ready to eat.
5. Slice into squares and share with your loved ones during this festive season! They’ll be impressed!
This will keep in the fridge for at least a week! If you are whipping it up, don’t forget to tag us in your social media pics @i.am.company. Enjoy xo