If you’re a fan of eggplant then your gonna LOVE these. Crispy on the outside and super soft on the inner, we dare you to stop at just a few. Served on their own with a drizzle of honey and lemon zest or, as a side to a good ol coleslaw. The eggplant could easily be replaced with veg of choice… parsnip, courgettes, kumara.
- 1 eggplant cut into thick chips
- 1 cup of almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1 tsp salt
- Olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
1. Place eggplant chips into a bowl along with milk and leave to soak for 1 hour.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg Celsius
3. Place polenta and salt onto a large plate and roll chips in it until well covered.
4. Place chips onto a baking tray and place into preheated oven for 30min or until slightly browned and crispy.
5. While still warm drizzle with the honey and scatter the lemon zest on top.