2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 white onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 carrot, chopped into bite sized pieces 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 medium golden kumara, peeled and diced
1 400ml can Ceres Organics Coconut Milk
3⁄4 cup Ceres Organics Millet (toasted in a pan over a medium heat for 4-5 min to enhance the nutty flavor)
1 litre of organic vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Sliced spring onions and paprika to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion to the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes until tender. Add the garlic,
carrot, ginger, kumara, millet, vegetable stock and salt to taste. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the kumara and millet are very tender. Cool slightly.
3. Transfer soup to a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
4. Tip mixture back into pot and add coconut milk. Mix until well combined and bring back up to heat. For a thinner texture, stir in additional stock or coconut milk. Adjust seasoning to taste.
5. To serve, sprinkle with spring onions and paprika.