Creamy Green Fettuccine w Crispy Kale
This recipe is super nourishing and delicious. The sauce is absolutely full of green veggies and is made with cashew nuts making it vegan-friendly, gluten-free and something the whole fam can enjoy. It can be whipped up really quick too – all you need is a good sturdy blender or food processor.
1 pack Explore Cuisine Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine
1 head broccoli
1 large zucchini
1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water & drained)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
4-5 leaves curly kale (de-stemmed)
1 cup water
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp coconut oil (for frying)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional for spice)
Salt & Pepper
1. Bring 2L of water to boil in a large pot, add the fettuccine, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 8 – 10 minutes (until al dente). Once cooked, remove and drain immediately, set aside.
2. Meanwhile, rinse and dry kale, roughly cut into small pieces and rub with a little salt. Place in a hot pan with coconut oil, fry until crispy and then set aside.
3. Cut broccoli (including stalk) into small pieces and steam in a pot until just soft.
4. In a high-speed blender place the raw cashews, roughly chopped raw zucchini, steamed broccoli, water, garlic, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and olive oil and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Place your pasta in a large serving bowl, pour your creamy green sauce over the top with a good pinch of salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Top with your cherry tomatoes and crispy kale to garnish.
Delightful and easy!
You can find more about the delicious gluten-free range of pastas from Explore Cuisine over on their site here. Yum!