These delightful bars are the perfect on-the-go snack or lunch-box filler. We love to wrap these individually in baking paper and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to go. These beauties are vegan and refined sugar-free, plus have a generous serving of slow-to-digest oats, meaning they’ll keep you full for hours. Plus they’re bound with chia seeds, providing a good dose of healthy fats and fibre.
1 cup dates
3 tbsp of coconut oil
1/4 cup water
3 cup oats
1/3 cup goji berries
1/3 cup coconut chips
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp of cinnamon
Extra coconut chips to sprinkle on top
4 tbsp of chia seeds + 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a slice tin with baking baker.
2. Combine the chia seeds and water. Leave until a gel forms (about 10 minutes).
3. Place dates in a pot with the coconut oil and heat until the dates are soft.
4. Place the dates, coconut oil and water in a blender or food processor and blend to create a smooth date paste, scoop into a large bowl.
5. Add the oats, goji berries, coconut chips, chocolate chips and cinnamon to the date paste.
6. Add the chia gel to mixture and combine. Pour onto a baking tray, spreading evenly and sprinkle extra coconut chips on top.
7. Bake in oven for about 35 minutes or until the top turns golden. At this point take the tray out of the oven and leave to cool for at least 30 minutes, before cutting into bars (It will crumble if you don’t allow it to cool!).