- 1 cup dates
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 1/3 cup coconut chips
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Extra coconut chips to sprinkle on top
- 4 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Combine the chia seeds and water. Leave until a gel forms (about 10 minutes).
- Place dates in a pot with the coconut oil and heat until the dates are soft.
- Place the dates, coconut oil and water in a blender or food processor and blend to create a smooth date paste. Scoop the paste into a large bowl.
- Add the oats, goji berries, coconut chips, chocolate chips and cinnamon to the date paste.
- Add the chia gel to the mixture and combine. Pour onto a baking tray, spreading evenly, and sprinkle extra coconut chips on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the top turns golden. At this point, take the tray out of the oven and leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars (it will crumble if you don’t allow it to cool!).