A buttery, light and simply delicious snack for any coffee or high tea occasion. Dipped in dark chocolate, they also make the perfect edible gift!
Serves: 20 Fingers
Prep Time: 10 Min Cooking Time:12-16 Min
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsalted Butter (Diced 20cm)
- 1 Cup Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 100g dark or sugar free chocolate, melted for dipping
- Crushed nuts or freeze dried strawberry powder
- Mix the diced butter and Lakanto sweetener in a mixer using the paddle attachment and whip until soft and smooth (approx. 5minutes)
- Add the Corn Flour and Plain Flour and slowly mix on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Add in the Vanilla Essence and whip for 3 minutes on high. (This will ensure a smooth and soft dough is created.
- Remove from the bowl and place mixture onto a flour-dusted surface. (Leave for 10 minutes, resting)
- Turn the oven on to 150c
- Gently fold the mixture on the bench. Roll out to the desired size and height.
- Cut the dough to the desired shape using a knife or cookie cutters, and gently place on the baking tray until they’re all done.
- Tip: Allow to rest for 10 minutes in the fridge before baking (This will help keep the shape during baking.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for 12- 16 minutes depending on the thickness of the shortbread.
- Remove from the oven
- While still warm sprinkle the cinnamon over the shortbread, before allowing them to cool prior to dipping in the melted chocolate and crushed nuts.
Recipe by Lakanto – order directly from the website