This weeks recipe is a great way to use up all those veggies. What’s not to like? Flaky filo bursting with grilled vegetables, olives and rosemary. This is vegan friendly but it definitely wouldn’t be frowned upon if you tossed some feta through the veggie mix.
Serves 4 as a side or 2 as a main.
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 8 kalamata olives, pips removed & roughly chopped.
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed & cut into thick strips
- 8 mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celsius, fan-bake. Place the chopped and sliced vegetables except the spinach in a large bowl. Add the rosemary, 2 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Mix until combined.
2. Heat a grill plate or BBQ. Once hot add the mixed vegetables and grill until tender. You may have to so this in two batches. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Now add the chopped olives and give it a light mix.
3. Working quickly so the filo does not dry out. Brush each sheet of pastry lightly with a bit of olive oil and layer on top until all 4 sheets are done. Place the spinach in the middle, leaving room at each end to fold over. Now add all of the grilled veggies and roll the filo over, folding in the ends. Roll and place seam side down on a lined baking tray. Brush the strudel with a bit more olive oil and place into the oven for 20min or until golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven and cut into thick slices. Enjoy with a green salad on the side.