Don’t sacrifice good flavour in order to eat healthy. This cauliflower crust with fresh toppings is just too good not to share. We’ve substituted the typical tomato based pizza sauce for a cashew & roasted red pepper one but feel free to change this up. This meal is completely plant based so perfect for those following most diets. Free from dairy and gluten, this can only make you feel good and fulfil those pizza cravings.
This makes enough for two pizzas.
- 600 grams cauliflower chopped into florets
- 70 grams ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 7 1/2 tbsp water (or 3 eggs)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked overnight, or boiled for 40mins
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- Handful fresh mint
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Chilli flakes or chilli oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Process the cauliflower to a fine crumb. Tip into a clean tea-towel and wring some of the moisture out then place into a large bowl.
2. Add cumin, chia seed mix (or eggs), salt & pepper. Mix until well combined.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and tip half of cauliflower mix out onto lined tray. Mould into a large circle approximately 5mm in thickness and place in the oven for 20 minutes until lightly browned and crispy.
4. In the meantime, blitz cashews and roasted red capsicum in a food processor until it reaches a smooth consistency.
5. Spread the sauce on top of the cauliflower base and arrange the chopped spinach, sliced courgette and red onion on top. Place back in the oven and cook another 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, garnish with lemon zest, fresh mint and lots of chilli oil. Yum.