Super excited to try this beauty! Kindly shared with us from the beautifully talented Laura Warren from @revitalizeme_laurawarren. The perfectly moist, sweet, and subtly spiced carrot cake with a coconut “cream cheese” frosting made with cashews. It’s gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free, yet you’d never guess!
500 g grated carrots (Roughly 3 large or 5 smaller carrots)
3 organic eggs
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cups almond meal
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 heaped TBS Nutraorganics Clean Protein (adds a vanilla flavour and sweetens the cake with no sugar)
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
(May need a dash of coconut milk)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C
2. Combine carrot, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, almond meal, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Clean Protein and baking powder.
3. Mix well until combined. Add a dash of coconut milk if the batter is a bit thick.
4. Pour into a prepared 20 cm baking tin & bake for 1 hour or until cooked through.
5. Cover, if necessary, with foil if the cake is looking too dark
6. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the tin, then turn out.
2 cups soaked raw cashews to make: soak in warm water for 1 hour until soft (if you can soak them overnight that’s even better!).
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp coconut oil
Add a Tbsp or two of honey or maple syrup to sweeten
1. Rinse soaked cashews well.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth and creamy, adding the water as necessary to facilitate blending.
3. Set icing in the fridge for 30mins.
4. Spread icing over the top of the cooled cake and decorate as you please.