We are huge fans of homemade (gluten free!) cookies and one of the things we love about them is how versatile they can be. There are so many delightful flavours you can choose from when indulging in cookies, and carrot cake flavour is just one of our go-tos at the moment. These cookies are super tasty and have twice the amount of protein than if they were made with regular flour… Yes please!
1 cup oat flour (blend 1 cup oats until fine)
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp almond butter
4 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg and add all of the other wet ingredients except the carrot and raisins. Add these in last.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold until combined.
5. Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of the batter onto the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before digging in!
Whipping us these delightful cookies? We’d love to check them out, tag us @i.am.company over on Instagram so we can have a looksie!xo