These little treats are the ultimate after-dinner delight. With the perfect hint of sweetness from carob, coconut and honey, they won’t stimulate you before bed. Even though we absolutely love cacao, it doesn’t always sit right and can leave us feeling a little too excited just before bed. Sometimes we need a calming treat and these carob choccies are a beautiful alternative and are perfect for kids too!
Yields: 8 – 10 treats
Prep time: 10 mins
1/2 cup cacao butter
1/2 cup carob powder
1/2 cup coconut (desiccated)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp raw honey
1 pinch salt
1. In a bain-marie melt cacao butter, coconut oil and honey together.
2. Add the carob powder, coconut and salt, mix well to ensure there are no clumps.
3. Pour spoonfuls of the mixture into small chocolate moulds and then place in the freezer.
4. After 15 minutes remove from the freezer and top with shredded coconut.
5. Enjoy, these can be stored in the fridge for a week – if they last that long!