These apple and almond muffins are sooooo divine and you won’t even know that they are gluten-, dairy- and refined sugar-free. They make a beautiful snack or dessert option, served warm with a dollop of Greek or coconut yoghurt mmm… If you are looking for the perfect recipe to convince a friend that gluten-, dairy- and sugar0free can taste just as good (if not better!) than the original, then these are an absolute must!
2 cups ground almonds
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup almond milk
100g coconut oil
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 apples (1 1/2 peeled and roughly chopped, 1/2 sliced for decoration)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a large muffin tray with coconut oil or butter.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground almonds, tapioca flour, coconut and cinnamon.
3. In a small pot, melt the coconut oil then add the maple syrup and vanilla bean paste and stir.
4. Whisk eggs and almond milk together and fold through the dry mixture, then add the chopped apples and mix through.
5. Add in the maple syrup and oil mix to the batter and stir through ’til combined.
6. Mix the apple cider vinegar and the baking soda together and fold the bubbles through the batter.
7. Pour spoonfuls of the muffin batter into the greased muffin tray and decorate the tops with your sliced apples.
8. Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes (for 6 large muffins) or until golden brown in colour.
9. Serve warm or cold – both ways are equally delightful!
We love seeing your beautiful recreations, don’t forget to tag us on Instagram or Facebook if you share any piccies of these divine muffins. Enjoy!xo