Although super yummy, Anzac biscuits are generally laden with white flour and sugar. These delicious little beauties are our refined sugar-free alternative, so you can enjoy them without the guilt. We suggest serving alongside your favourite herbal tea or turmeric latte for that added healthy boost of antioxidants. See if you can stop at one!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 150 C.
2. Finely chop the almonds or process in a food processor until chopped.
3. Add the rolled oats, desiccated coconut and baking soda. Process again well combined and the rolled oats are chopped but not fine.
4. Add the maple syrup, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla, water and salt. Process again until well combined and beginning to come together. Process the mixture until this occurs.
5. Using wet hands roll mixture into walnut sized balls and place them on a lined baking tray. Use the palm of your hand to flatten the biscuits and allow a little room for spreading.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes and allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and devouring.