These cookies are the perfect grab and go for those mornings when you’re running late. Full of slow release carbohydrates, fibre and healthy fats, they are a healthy alternative to any processed breakfast bar you might be tempted with. They are also vegan and fully sugar-free, sweetened only with nourishing banana and cinnamon. These cookies are also great for kids and for those ladies who are breastfeeding their bubs.
Yields: 12 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)
1 ripe banana, mashed
3 tbsp Ceres Organics Almond Butter
3 tbsp chia gel (1 tbsp chia seeds & 8 tbsp water)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp organic vanilla pea protein
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Make your chia gel by combining the chia seeds with water and letting it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Blend the oats in a food processor to form a fine flour then transfer to a bowl and combine all ingredients well with a wooden spoon.
3. With your hands, roll 12 bliss ball size balls of cookie and place them evenly spaced on a tray lined with baking paper. Press down each ball with a fork to slightly flatten.
4. Place in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes (at 180 degrees celsius) to cook through.
5. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool (if you can!).
6. Yum! Enjoy with your favourite morning beverage.