- 500gm (3 cups) Mix of Tasti Dried Apricots & other dried fruit. We used 1 cup of apricots & 2 cups of dried fruit mix.
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) Orange Juice, Tulsi black tea or Iced coffee.
- 135 gm (1 cup) self-raising flour (Gluten Free SR Flour can be used)
1. Place the mixed dried fruit into a very large bowl. Add the juice (or liquid substitute) and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line a 16cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
3. Stir the self-raising flour through the fruit mixture and pour into the prepared tin. 4. Bake for approximately 3⁄4 hour or until the cake feels firm in the middle and a
skewer inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
If the cake is browning too much – loosely place a sheet of foil over the top and continue cooking.
Adding alcohol – a splash of alcohol or Zeffer Cider can be added to the mixture!
Cooking time – Cooking time can vary from 3/4 hour up to almost 1 1/5 hours depending on your oven. The cake is cooked if the middle is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.