These protein-packed vanilla almond balls are the perfect post-workout or afternoon snack, or really any time you need a sweet dose of goodness. They actually taste a lot like a delicious COOKIE-dough!
They’re filled with protein from a pea protein isolate, flavoured with vanilla, then mixed with a raw almond meal, almond butter & coconut oil to give them a creamy smooth texture & a dose of healthy fats. YUM.
Give these ones a go and let us know what you think!
BONUS – no food processor required!
1 1/2 cups Almond meal
2 scoops NuZest Clean Lean ‘Vanilla’ Protein
3 tbsp Organic Coconut oil
2 tbsp Organic Coconut nectar
1 tbsp (heaped) Raw Almond butter (we love Vigour & Vitality)
1 tbsp Nut Milk (Almond or Coconut work well)
1 tsp Raw Maca powder
1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla extract
1/8 tsp Pink Rock Salt
Optional coating ingredients – Cacao nibs, Coconut, Cacao powder, Crushed nuts.
1. Over a double boiler (1 bowl over top of a simmering pot of water) – slowly melt down the coconut oil, almond butter & coconut nectar.
2. In a separate mixing bowl add the almond meal, vanilla protein, vanilla & salt – mix together, then add the wet ingredients (including the milk) and mix well.
3. Using your hands, mould the mixture together and then take small spoonfuls and roll in your hands to form little balls (size is up to you!).
4. Either leave as is, or get creative and roll in your favourite flavour – we did some in Cacao Nibs (which are bitter but give a great hit of energy & crunch) and left some without.
5. Pop the balls in the fridge and keep for a couple of weeks (if they last!) or they’ll keep in the freezer for a month or so.
If you make these beauties, let us know on Instagram & tag us @i.am.company #IAMco