Here at I AM Co. one of our favourite things to do is enjoy visiting the great cafes around the country. We’re so spoilt to have such an amazing range of cafes serving some hugely delicious, healthy food from a wide variety of cultures. Some of these cafes have been generous enough to share some of our favourites with you….
Ripe Deli offers a selection of delicious nourishing salads, gourmet sandwiches & wraps, decadent home-baked slices, cakes and brioches. The cabinets are always brimming with freshly baked marinated free farmed chicken & salmon, vegan cakes, quiches & more. There is all away something to tickle your taste buds. Freezers line the shop with comforting take home frozen meals, soups & puddings & the shelves are filled with old fashioned home-made relishes, dressings and chutneys.
At Ripe they are intent on making a difference and are environmentally friendly offering sustainable & recyclable packaging for all their food. They are absolutely committed to supporting local suppliers and the grey lynn/ponsonby community through their various sponsorships including supporting local schools and initiatives.
Dairy free, gluten free, Vegan.
A sexy summer salad bursting with colour and filled with flavour. Plus it’s so simple and easy to make, you can whip this beauty up while dancing to the beets!
Pomegranate Molasses Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- 1 candy beetroot (chioggia beet), trimmed, skin peeled, peeled into ribbons or sliced into matchsticks
- 1 purple beetroot, trimmed, skin peeled, peeled into ribbons or sliced into matchsticks
- 250h cherry tomatoes, mixed colours, cut in half
- 500g vine tomatoes, stem removed, cut into quarters
- 1 red capsicum, stem and seeds removed, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup (30g) pomegranate seeds or cranberries
- Add all dressing ingredients to a dish and whisk to combine.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a serving dish then gently mix through the salad dressing.
Connect with Ripe Deli:
- 172-174 Richmond Rd, Grey Lynn, Auckland
- Website: www.ripedeli.co.nz
- Instagram: @ripedeli
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Ripe-Deli
If you have an absolute favourite dish from a NZ cafe we’d love to hear from you – we will try our utmost to feature it on the blog! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org