Here at I AM Co. one of our favourite things to do is enjoy visiting the great cafes around the country. We’re so spoilt to have such an amazing range of cafes serving some hugely delicious, healthy food from a wide variety of cultures. Some of these cafes have been generous enough to share some of our favourites with you….
Once upon a time, Joe’s Garage could be found in the old Post Office sorting room come “garage” in downtown Queenstown.
Nowadays they’re in all the best spots around NZ. Wherever you find them, Joe’s Garage is a place everybody can go to any time of day and have fun, catch up with friends, enjoy fantastic food and drink.
Whatever brings you there, there’s a great time waiting.
- 1 cup Fresh Rocket Leaves
- 2 cups Mesclun Leaves
- 2 oranges peeled & Segmented
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
Marinated Harissa Chicken:
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup of the best harissa spice
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp castor sugar
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt
- Marinate chicken breasts in oil & harissa spice. Refrigerate overnight for best flavour.
- To make the salad dressing, place all salad ingredients in a sealed jar or bottle and shake to combine. Refrigerate until required.
- To make the minted yoghurt, mix the mint and the natural yoghurt together. Refrigerate until required.
- Seal the marinated chicken in a frypan.
- Prepare salad while chicken is cooking. Mix the rocket, mesclun, orange and red onion in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup salad dressing & toss gently.
- Cut cooked chicken into thin strips and place on top of the salad.
- Drizzle minted yoghurt dressing over the top.
- Finish with a sprinkling of flaky salt & freshly ground pepper.
Connect with Joe’s Garage:
If you have an absolute favourite dish from a NZ cafe we’d love to hear from you – we will try our utmost to feature it on the blog! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org