Here at I AM Co. one of our favourite things to do is enjoy visiting the great cafes around the country. We’re so spoilt to have such an amazing range of cafes serving some hugely delicious, healthy food from a wide variety of cultures. Some of these cafes have been generous enough to share some of our favourites with you….
Rabbit Cafe offers delicious everyday vegetarian and vegan friendly options for breakfast and lunch in an open and friendly cafe space.
- 240 grams medium grain rice
- 2 cups of coconut cream
- 4 cups water
- 6 Tbsp coconut sugar
- zest of an orange
- 1/2 cup sultanas or alternative dried fruit
- Simmer all of the ingredients in a pot on low heat, stirring often until there is no ‘bite’ left in the rice – approximately 20 minutes. Don’t be afraid to add a little more liquid if it needs more.
- Garnish with fresh fruit. Can be enjoyed hot or cold!
Connect with Rabbit Cafe:
- 30 St Benedict’s Street, Eden Terrace, Newton, Auckland
- Facebook: Facebook.com/rabbitnewton
- Instagram: @rabbitcafeauckland
If you have an absolute favourite dish from a NZ cafe we’d love to hear from you – we will try our utmost to feature it on the blog! Email us at email@example.com